Saturday, June 14, 2014

Let the Fun Begin

I am so excited for this summer mostly because I am actually organized this summer and we are going to have a blast. This summer I decided to have themed days so we're doing at least one fun activity a day Monday thru Friday. We have Movie Monday, Library Tuesday, Service Wednesday, Tasty Treat Thursday, and Fabulously Fun Friday's. I bought movie passes for the summer movie program at our local movie theater that we get to go see every Monday morning. We missed the first two weeks because we were in Maryland but we got to start up this week and the girls loved it, there is just something about seeing a movie in the movie theater that makes it so fun. I also signed the girls up for our libraries summer reading program, this summer the girls need to read for 600 minutes which means I need to read to them for 600 minutes during the summer. So far we're on track and should finish up about a week before the end date. Our library also has fun summer activities every Tuesday that go along with there theme of science that we're planning to attend as well. Every Wednesday I've decided we are doing so act of service whether it be big or small.This past Wednesday we drew pictures for some good friends and took them to their house. I also have plans to have the girls go threw their toys and donate them, I think we're also going to take cookies or some treat to our local fireman and police officers, and we also like taping quarters on vending machines for people to use. I'm not sure how elaborate I'm going to make Tasty Treat Thursday, I think it will depend on my mood, this past Thursday I read them the book If You Give a Cat a Cupcake and then we made cupcakes. I don't think I'll always have a book to go along with what we're going to make but I want to try to. We also have some big plans for our Fabulously Fun Friday's, we have season passes to the Phoenix Science Center, we have tickets to the Prescott Heritage Zoo, and we plan on doing a few day trips as well. In addition to all this fun I'm trying to have the girls outside for at least an hour a day. Its actually really hard to do that here because our backyard sucks!!!!! Its mostly patches of crab grass that hurts to walk on and dirt so our play space is pretty limited unless I want the girls taking mud baths everyday. So far we've played with shaving cream on a tarp which they loved and we did some finger painting and played with sidewalk chalk. We're wanting to get the girls a little pool so they can have some water fun since sprinklers are out of the question. Another draw back to outdoor play is its so hot here already, its been in the mid to upper 90's since we got back from Maryland and by 11 am its usually already in the 90's. I'm also getting the two big girls signed up for swim lessons this summer as well and we have another fun mini vacation planned with some friends later this summer. Did I also mention we want to try and go camping? As I write all this down I think I sound crazy but I don't care, I want to wear my kids out as much as possible while keeping my sanity. Why you ask? Well if you're a mom you probably already guessed why, I want to cut back on fighting between my girls, it also makes my kids much more willing to have quite time everyday because I've worn them out and they sleep even better then they did before because I've made them exhausted. I have no doubt this summer will fly by and before I know it Savannah will be off to all day kindergarten and Olivia will be starting her second year of preschool. I can't wait for all the fun memories we'll all make this summer and for all the fun things we get to do.





(This last picture we took after the Prescott Valley Days Parade, Jacob was a good sport to come with us since he really does hate parades. The girls had a blast as usual.)

No comments:

Post a Comment