Saturday, October 8, 2011

True to its Name

So I normally wouldn't post about this but I'm so impressed that I just had to. I got a bountiful basket today, I've always been satisfied with my baskets but today I was totally impressed with how much was in it. In our basket we got the following:  8 lemons, 8 apples, 2 apple pears, 3 plums, 1 pomegranate, 2 peppers, 36 small potatoes, 2 bags of carrots, 4 heads of broccoli, 9 bananas, 1 bag of grapes, 7 ears of corn, and 1 head of lettuce and all I paid was $16. It was a perfect start to what has been a perfect day. If you haven't heard of bountiful baskets or want to know if they have any where you live click on the link above. We usually only get 1 basket a month or every month and a half but every time we do get one I'm not disappointed and we can get new to us food so it makes us broaden our taste buds which is always nice.

2 comments:

  1. The baskets today were fabulous! We didn't get any potatoes, but we got about 12 pluots, which I'm super excited about. I'm glad you are doing bountiful baskets--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I wish I could get bountiful baskets! Even though I am surrounded by farmland the big industry here is turkey farming...and fresh produce is expensive and not that great. By the way, I am glad we talked this week--I needed to vent a bit!

    ReplyDelete