Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day 2014

I really do love holidays! I just think they're so fun because you can either make a big deal out of them or not. This year I'll say I've made a big deal out of Valentines day. I started out the month giving Jacob a small present each day leading up to Valentines Day, I got the idea from this site and it was a big hit. Each day Jacob looked forward to seeing what he got and when he'd get his little gift. I also made the girls these Valentines, I got the idea for Olivia's bug Valentines from this site and Savannah's glow bracelet ones from here. What I loved the most was each girl picked out the ones they wanted to make and they really were perfect for each of them. We also made some fun teacher gifts and I got the idea from this site, we made them Valentines day smore mix and all their teachers seemed to enjoy it.
Last night I also got the girls surprise ready, I started the tradition last year of heart attacking the girls bedroom door. Savannah and Olivia were so excited to see their bedroom door covered in hearts and each girl wanted me to read what I had written to them. The girls and I will also be heart attacking Jacob's car again this year and we each came up with different things to write on his hearts. I think I might even have the girls decorate the driveway with sidewalk chalk for when Jacob gets home.
Its been a fun day of playing Valentines day bingo, making hearts, and just having fun as a family. Hope you're having a fun day too cause I know we are.

1 comment:

  1. I love the s'mores mix idea! The rest are cute too, but as a teacher, I would have loved to get a special treat! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete