Monday, March 16, 2009

Maryland Part I


Well here I am in Maryland again, this is Savannah's second time back East and I must say the Lord loves me because Savannah is the BEST little traveler ever! We left Boise on Wednesday morning and flew into Vegas which is the least child friendly airport I think. They have no play area! So I had to find a patch of carpet and try to keep Savannah on her blanket as she kept trying to crawl off to grab some piece of garbage she would see. Mind you this is the only blanket I have available so I had to make sure I used the clean side once were on the plane. I'm so glad I put hand sanitizer in the diaper bag. Anyway...its a 41/2 hour flight from Vegas to Baltimore so the flight attendants made some jokes on the over head about how ear plugs were $10 and Prozac was $20. Needless to say people were not excited to have a 6 month old on that flight. I will admit it can be scary with a baby that young you don't know how they'll behave so I have my own little tricks. Like once we get on the plane I head for the back where there are still whole rows of seats open and I make sure to hold Savannah up so everyone will see why my row is still open. Needless to say I had no one sitting with me from Vegas to Baltimore and she slept like the whole flight! Yep she is my little travel buddy. I hardly ever have to put my bags in the overhead compartment because someone does it for me and I get three seats all to myself. I love flying with a baby...so far that is.
So this is a longer trip this time around, Savannah and I are here for 11 days while Jacob is at home working. This is the longest we have ever been apart even when we were dating in different states, so its a bit weird to not have him around. Also it sucks not having him around to help take care of Savannah. Anyways, its been a fun trip so far, Mark is trying to beat Jordan out as the favorite Uncle on my side and Savannah is loving that my parents have a dog and cat that she can try to play with. She's having fun with her Grandma and Grandpa and of course everyone is also a little excited to see me. Savannah also got to visit with her Great Grandma and Grandpa yesterday, it was way fun and they all loved seeing each other. My grandparents have this little mini poodle named Gidget and my oh my did Savannah love her. She could hardly keep her eyes off that dog and Gidget did not know what to think of Savannah. I have never heard that dog bark so much, it was driving me crazy. Savannah could have cared less about the barking she just wanted to grab Gidget and not let go and finally Gidget decided she liked Savannah and that it would be nice of her to lick any part of her she could reach. Once again I'm thankful for hand sanitizer. As a side note I must say I'm really not a germ freak or anything but hello we have Savannah laying on a dirty grimy airport floor and then a dog licking her everywhere...I think everyone would be agreeing with me. Well I think this is a good place to end for now, as you can see this is just Maryland Part I because were only 5 days into our 11 day trip.

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute! I can't believe how old Savannah is getting!?! We are excited to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl! yay for blogs! I am excited to keep up with you on here! Love, Jules

    ReplyDelete