Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sweet Potatoes vs Peas

Well when Savannah and I got back from our trip to Maryland it was decided that introducing food was appropriate. She'd been eating rice cereal since Valentines Day but when it was time to start her on food we were about to leave and I didn't want Jacob to miss her eating. Its a good thing I decided to hold off too because she started crawling and sitting up in Maryland and I think it would have broken Jacob's heart to miss so much. So I decided to start off feeding her sweet potatoes, a logical choice I thought. It had been recommended by others and after all it has the word sweet in it, how can a baby not like it?


So looking at the picture you'd think she loved the sweet potatoes right? Well you're wrong! She was gagging like she was about to throw up and spitting them out the whole time! It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. After eating them for a week she realized they weren't so bad as long as I mix them with her rice cereal. So her next food introduction was peas. As a side note,I was given the best gift ever! A baby food maker. I wasn't adventurous enough to make the sweet potatoes myself but I made her peas and they went over much better, even though she did gag after the first few bites.


I should have figured Savannah would like peas better then sweet potatoes because Jacob and I hate sweet potatoes too. Needless to say its pretty fun watching her experience new tastes and seeing all her weird reactions. She definitely makes us laugh every day and is the best thing that has ever happened to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment