Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jacob's project

So this morning has been good...Savannah is feeling better, she had been a bit under the weather the last two days. I didn't have to go to a work meeting this morning, always nice. Savannah let me sleep in till 7:40, very appreciated since she woke me up at 12:15, 2:30, 3:20, and 6:20. I'm hoping now that she's feeling even better that won't happen again tonight. We played for a bit and then had breakfast which she inhaled, she's such a good eater. Then it was time to get dressed! I love picking out outfits for Savannah, it really is one of my favorite things. So our getting dressed routine is after we eat breakfast we get cleaned up and then head for Savannah's room. I put her in her crib and let her play around while I agonize about what outfit she'll look cutest in that day. You think I'm joking but I'm really not, although I may not actually agonize I do put a lot of thought into it and sometimes I have to change her clothes a couple times because I don't' like the outfit once I actually see her in it. Jacob thinks I'm ridiculous but I don't care. So this was a typical morning, Savannah laying in her crib listening to her crib toy play music and me looking through her closet to see what I would put her in. I couldn't find a pair of pants I was looking for so I dashed out of her room to look in the laundry room and when I came back this is what I saw! My little girl kneeling in her crib, now when I left the room she was lying on her back and for those of you who know my house it doesn't take long to get to my laundry room from Savannah's. Its just down the hall, she's fast to say the least. So the best part is that when I
came back into her room she had her ear up to her toy and was trying to figure out why it had stopped playing music. When she was climbing up she must have hit the play button on the bottom of the toy and turned it off. When she realized I was in the room she just looked up at me with this questioning look like why did it stop mom, why? She's growing up so fast it makes me scared to even blink because it happens so fast and I don't want to miss a thing. Also if you haven't figured out what Jacob's project is yet...its lowering the mattress in Savannah's crib when he gets home from work today.

3 comments:

  1. wow! I didn't see that one coming. What a cutie pie! Good thing you had returned quickly. The first picture reminds me of a picture of Jillian when you were a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, then this afternoon I found her throwing everything off her changing table as she was standing up in her crib. Jacob is so lowering the mattress tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a fabulous time! I wish I could visit! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete