Sunday, April 12, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

I love Easter. Its as simple as that, and I love it for a few different reasons. To me once Easter comes it is officially Spring. Now I know technically its already Spring but it seriously doesn't feel like it. Once Easter has come the flowers are finally starting to bloom and the weather is finally starting to get warmer. I also love Easter because of the candy and you get and the present you get in your Easter basket. Now this year we skipped Easter baskets but I could not resist getting Savannah a little something that she was in need of.
Now isn't that the cutest thing ever?! I totally think she looks like a bug but a super cute bug. Now this isn't an unnecessary purchase and I'll explain why... you see Jacob and I have been taking Savannah for walks and the sun is always in her eyes hence she needed sunglasses. Also since this was Savannah's first Easter she got to go on her first Easter egg hunt and it was kind of sunny outside so it was a perfect opportunity to use her new sun glasses.
I did have to take this little egg away from her though after she got it, it was a bit too small and the whole thing could fit in her mouth (she got her moms big mouth). Anyway this resembled a chocking hazard a little too much so she got to play with a bigger egg that she couldn't fit in her mouth. Now I think these are all good reason's to love Easter but what is my favorite you may be asking yourself? I love Easter because it is the day our Savior Jesus Christ was Resurrected. What a wonderful gift he gave us to have everlasting life and the gift of the Atonement. I know I don't fully understand the Atonement and all that it can do for me but I do know that I love the peace it brings me and I love learning how it applies to every part of my life. To say the least it has been a pretty good weekend, it went by fast but was good overall.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, those sunglasses are super cute! :) Thanks for the wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete