Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nesting Part I

So nesting during this pregnancy has been quite different then with Savannah. When I was pregnant with Savannah I was working full time and pretty much started nesting for my last two trimesters. I've figured out that this was because I'm super anal and wanted everything to be perfect. Plus I was working all day so I only had nights and weekends to work on things, so it was going to take me the last two trimesters to actually get everything done that I wanted to. So what's the difference? Well I'm still anal and want everything to be perfect but now I don't work so I have all day everyday to work on whatever I want. Because of this I finally stared nesting a week and a half ago, which has meant that I've been even crazier and more obsessed then ever in trying to make everything perfect for the arrival of Olivia. Nesting is also different this time around because I already have everything I need to a girl since we obviously already have one of those. So with that checked off my list I've been focusing on household projects which I think has driven Jacob crazy. I've rearranged all 3 of our bedrooms, ours because the way it was made no room for the bassinet, Savannah's old room just because I was bored with it the way it was, and Savannah's new room which was our office/throw all our crap in here room because well we needed to put Savannah somewhere.
The bassinet is on the wall opposite our bed next to our dresser.

For Olivia's room I seriously just flip flopped the furniture and Jacob changed the crib back into a crib after being Savannah's toddler bed.

This room took a lot of work and is pretty much finished. Its still missing shelves above her bed and the lovesac, they'll frame her window. To get this room done we had to organize a ton of stuff and find new homes for quite a few things but in the end I love how it turned out. I'm also in the process of making curtains for her room too. Once there done you'll get to see a picture.
I also made Savannah a magnet board for her room, I was going to put some cork board up that I had but thought better about giving her push pins. This actually was used as a chore chart once upon a time so all I did was paint the wood frame orange and flip the aluminum around to hide the lines I'd drawn on the other side. I also made her abc magnets and we're of course already missing 2 letters. This is hanging underneath her window to the left of her bed. When I finished it and let her play with it she kept saying how pretty it was and was just so excited to move the magnets around. It made me pretty happy.
So here is my last project to share for now, remember this is only Part I. So I actually stole this idea from another web site but I don't care because I lOVe how it turned out. It is my fAVorITe project I've done so far, I mean its to the point where I sometimes stand in my laundry room door just to look at it, weird I know. The reason I'm so excited about this project is because it makes my laundry room look so much cleaner and nicer. So I "made" these curtains to cover up our storage shelves in the laundry room. These curtains were actually hanging up in Savannah's new room when it was our office and I just recycled them into a shorter version that would work in my laundry room. I like them so much because you can actually see through the fabric if you look really hard but at the same time there not transparent. It hides what's behind them without being too heavy and the cream color looks pretty with my wall colors too. I know some will find my obsession with this project funny, but if you know me and my love of things being organized and clean looking you will understand why these curtains make me so happy.

Alright readers here you go, the start of my nesting projects and I still have a few more to go so hopefully I get them all done and posted before Olivia arrives.

1 comment:

  1. :) I think it is fantastic that you take so much care to make your house a home :)

    ReplyDelete