Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nesting Part II

Ok, here we are with the second round of my nesting activities which are all sewing projects. I kinda find this weird for me because I'm not a sewer at all which will probably also explain why all these projects are so easy to do as long as you can sew a straight line. I also seem to really like sewing when I'm pregnant because I did the same thing with Savannah. If you ask Jacob he'll tell you I never sew because he's always asking me to fix his jeans that need a patch put on or something of the sort and I never seem to get around to it.

Anyway here are curtins I made for Savannah's room. This project was finally decided on after first being a duvet cover then pillows and finally I decided to make curtains. I won't lie, I'm really happy with how they turned out. Its amazing how much light they help block out at night since its still light out when we put Savannah down for bed. Also I just think they're so freakin cute.

Here is just a close up of the fabric I used. For the back side I just went to Walmart and bought a king sized white sheet and used that for the backing.
Here are 2 pillow covers I made. I love throw pillows we have like 6 pillows on our bed alone so I never have a shortage of pillows at my house. I seem to go through different phases when I'll love a pillow and then I'll find one even better that I like. So I decided to reuse some of our older pillows that I don't have out but have kept around to put in Savannah's room.
Here are the super easy and in my opinion super cute burp rags I made. I just bought these cloth diapers at walmart, they come in a pack of 12 and used the extra fabric from the previous projects.
Here is a close up of the green one, I'm actually taking one of these to the hospital to bring home with Olivia in case she's a spitter. Plus it'll match her cute outfit we're bringing her home in too.

Ok, well those are the latest 3 projects I've done. I think I'm done for now except I've gotten the urge to make some freezer meals but we'll see if I have the time or energy. I seem to be obsessed lately with having everything in my house put in its correct place. I just have this urge to make sure that if I had to leave immediatley for the hospital that everything would be clean when I came back home. Its crazy how the obsessions your already have are just magnified when your about to have a baby. I just want my house to be spotless and everything put away which is impossible especially if you live with Savannah and Jacob for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment