Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Buddy

Savannah is my buddy! I love having her to hang out with and I won't lie, I'm a bit sad for the day when it won't be just she and I. Now don't get me wrong I'm VERY excited for the arrival of Miss Olivia but I really do treasure the time I've had with just Savannah. Today we did two fun projects that were both firsts for us.
We painted! I bought this for Savannah a few months ago but never remembered to get it out for her. Plus she never really showed interest in coloring or painting before so I just put the paints away to wait for her to gain interest. A few days ago Savannah told me she wanted to color and that inspired me today to break out the paint set. Needless to say she loved it and made us 3 pictures which are of course hanging on our fridge right now.

Now our second new project was making a Gooey Butter Cake. My good friend Mary has a blog with 2 of her friends, they all live in St Louis and once a month travel to different fun places in their area and blog about it. I've actually debated starting up something like that for myself so I can see new places here. Anyway they decided to have a giveaway for a Gooey Butter Cake mix which is a well known treat in St Louis. Anyway I won the giveaway which I was super excited about and so today we made it. (If you haven't figured it out yet what makes this project new is I've never made a Gooey Butter Cake before.)



It was super easy to make and as you can tell Savannah thought it was quite enjoyed sampling it before it was actually ready. It turned out great and I'm trying to show some restraint and not eat the whole thing before Jacob actually gets some. Also don't worry Mary, I'm going to send you pictures like I promised so you can post them.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad that you tried the cake:) I hope it tasted as good as it does here! I love how serious Savannah is as she paints, you may have an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your cute belly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete