Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To Grandmas's House We Go

So far the girls and I have had such a fun time in Maryland! We're a week and a half into our trip and still have a week and a half left. I know its a long trip. The girls and I miss Jacob like crazy but we're all still happy to be here. This is a the view outside my parents dining room this morning, can you believe they canceled school for this! Those of you from Idaho probably can't believe it, neither could I.
So far our trip has been really laid back. Since its pretty cold it has kept us inside a lot and my mom has been sick for the past few days so that also keeps us home. Its nice to just spend time together as a family though and let everyone just see the girls and what they do and who they are. The boys always brag if Savannah will snuggle with them while watching a show, Jordan won this time.
One of Savannah's favorite activities at my parents has always been playing their piano. She loves to go into the living room and just play and sing, its pretty cute although she can get pretty loud.
Olivia LOVES the high chair! She is so happy to sit in it and play with toys. She just loves being the same height as everyone else and that she can actually see what's going on.
Both the girls have gotten to see their great grandparents and they of course fell in love with Olivia and all her smiles. They also couldn't believe how big Savannah was from the last time they saw her back in April. Savannah and Olivia also got to have a play-date with my friend Jenny's kids even though Savannah didn't really care if she played with them till it was time to leave. Her girls though loved Olivia which was pretty cute to watch. This week my mom and I are also going to take Savannah to her first movie, Tangled. Wish us luck, I'm hoping she'll actually sit and watch the whole thing, I'll have to bring lots of treats to bribe her with. I'm a good mom huh? Well that's the update so far, look forward to hearing about more adventures that we'll be having this next week and more pictures of course.

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous that you can have a vacation for that long! Sounds like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to have a 3 week vacation but it is also a ton of work to have both kids without Jacob to help me. Its a good thing my family likes my kids so much.

    ReplyDelete