Monday, January 24, 2011

Copy Cat

So whenever I read another blog I usually end up getting ideas of things I'd like to do or I realize something I should probably work on to improve myself. This has once again happened. I was reading my friend Mary's blog and she made a new years goal to do one new thing a week, it can be anything but just something new to her. I've had fun reading about what she's done the past 3 weeks and I have come to think I would like to do the same. I feel complacent and a bit board with my life. Now don't get me wrong, I have plenty to do sometimes too much to do but I feel like I personally have hit a wall and I'm not growing. I want to grow. Therefore I have decided to do one new thing each week. Sometimes it will be just for me other times it will involve the girls and or Jacob. It might be a big project I want to work on that I haven't gotten around to starting or something small that's just new to me. So thank you Mary for inspiring me to be a little better and to finally getting around to doing new things. I'll even try to blog about it like you but I don't know if I'll be as good about posting each week like you.

6 comments:

  1. First, I think it is great that you want to try new things! Have Fun!

    Second, remember how it is only the third week of January? We will see how long I last blogging and how many things I can come up with! I had a hard time last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea. Who cares if you don't get around to blogging about it--although I do love reading new updates! :) An idea--one year I had a goal to do something for an entire month...one month was to learn how to make bread, so I made several different bread recipes for the whole month. Another month was to read a really long classic novel. What I'm saying is don't limit yourself to just a weekly goal if you think it might overwhelm you and make you not want to do anything new ever again! But good for you for wanting to try new things. I think one new thing could be to come down here and hang out with us. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy I love all your ideas! Especially coming to visit, that would be so fun. I'll see if I can plan that for sometime in the future:) Also thanks Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know, you COULD always start on your workout routine! Now that one I would love to hear about on your blog! LOL YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning on starting when I get home and yes that will totally be a new thing for me.

    ReplyDelete