Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Special Guest!

So we were very lucky to have a visitor come see us, one of my best friends from college, Mary. Mary and I haven't seen each other since I got married almost 5 years ago so this was a long overdue visit. She was able to stay for 4 days and we made sure to do lots of fun things like go to Cafe Rio one of our most favorite places to go when we lived in Utah. It was fun for Mary to finally meet the girls and see where we live and all that good stuff. So off the girls and I went last Monday to pick Mary up from the airport and then headed over to Cafe Rio for lunch. I ate an entire chicken salad, its been a long time since I've had Cafe Rio and I have missed it dearly. After lunch I took Mary over to one of my new favorite stores, Renewed Expressions. Its a second hand store but you'd never be able to tell because everything is sooo nice and the store is beautiful. With a quick stop at Walmart next we then headed home and hung out the rest of the night. For our activity that night for Family Home Evening we played hide-n-seek. It was so much fun, Savannah and Jacob kept counting while Mary and I would hide. Savannah just thought it was so much fun and didn't want to stop playing, every time she'd find us she would just squeal with delight. Tuesday was nice and low key we ended up baking two different treats and watching fun girly movies while the little girls took their naps.
On Wednesday we dropped the girls off at my sister-in-laws and Mary and I went to the temple. It was so fun to go together because we hadn't been together since we lived in Utah.
That night we just hung out because Jacob had Young Men's so we once again got to watch a fun girly movie. On Thursday we ran a few errands in the m0rning before Mary's flight. It was such a fun 4 days and I was so sad to see Mary leave, I teared up a bit as I drove away from the airport. It was so fun to see a friend who I haven't gotten to see in years.

2 comments:

  1. I loved coming to visit! I had a blast and my eyes were a little wet as well! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my hair is really short! I think I will have to grow it out!

    ReplyDelete