Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm obsessed!

Ok, I'm totally admitting it...I've become obsessed with doing craft projects and looking for new fun craft sites. My latest projects I did yesterday with two of my sister in laws. Here for your viewing pleasure is project number 1 which I got the idea for from this site.
I'm really happy with how both the Maryland shirts turned out which actually surprises me. It was the hardest to cut out and I thought with all the curves it just wouldn't work right. I ended up making both the girls Idaho and Maryland shirts because hello we have to represent both states. I think the problem I had with the Idaho shirts is they were a dark pink and I used white to make the state. Because I used white fabric paint I had to do multiple coats and I was just so excited I don't think I waited until each coat was 100% dry before applying my next one. I would recommend using a lighter shirt color with a darker paint because then you only have to do one coat. That is obviously what I did with Savannah's Maryland shirt and it turned out the best. For Olivia's Maryland shirt its a green shirt with the same color paint for the state and that one also turned out really good. Another problem I had making the shirts was with my wax paper, I did what the tutorial said and my wax paper did not stick to my shirt at all. Now I don't know if it's because I buy the cheap wax paper so there wasn't enough wax to make it stick or what but I ended up using double sided tape and it worked out ok.

My second project was a quite book that I found on this site. I love this project because it was so easy and Savannah lOVES her book! I've already decided that I'm making her an ABC and numbers book as well as a colors one during nap time today.

3 comments:

  1. How cute is that quiet book. I tried to go to the link, but it wouldn't pull it up? I really want to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Joidee it should work now. I re-typed the link and checked it and it went to the right page. Have fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gives me hope that one day I'll have some free time to make cute things again!

    Try freezer paper instead of wax paper--it should stick a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete