Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thank You Grandma Jefferies

Why does she get a thank you? Well because of her we got three super yummy treats and we all know how much I love treats! I only have a picture of two of these treats but trust me they are all fantastic. First we got lots of apples from her apple trees so what did we do with them you ask? Well I made home-made apple sauce! This was a first and was lots easier then I thought it would be, plus it tastes so freaking good! I'm without a picture of this one but trust me it looks great and tastes even better! What else did I make with all the apples we inherited? Well two yummy apple pies!
The scary part is that when I looked at the pie today half of it was already gone and yesterday Jacob told me he still hadn't eaten any. I think I need to have a bit more self control. So now you know two of our treats but what's the third you might be thinking...well I'll tell you! Home made doughnuts! We went over to the in laws on Monday night for FHE to have some fantastic soup in pumpkin (recipes will be shared once I've obtained them) and to die for home made doughnuts! Since so many were made each family got to take some home with them, I was quite thankful although I've been realizing that I've been eating way to many treats lately and I should probably be scaling back a bit.
As an off topic side note, totally look forward to my next post. It'll have two super cute projects that I'm making with two of my sister-in-laws tomorrow I can't wait to show you all!

1 comment:

  1. Forget scaling back on the treats until after the holidays...I find that it is nearly impossible until then - Quit cold turkey in January :)

    ReplyDelete