Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

To start the fun Halloween festivities I decided to make these fantastic caramel apples. I mean they really are aMAZING! I attempted to share one with Jacob and was not super successful. Thank you again Stephanie for sharing this wonderful treat. Next on the agenda was a fun filled weekend of trick-or-treating which started on Friday. We had our ward trunk-or-treat so we got the girls ready and had to make some modifications. So our original plan was to have Olivia be an award winning pumpkin, Savannah a baby chick, and Jacob and I were going to be farmers. Well we got Olivia dressed no problem I mean how big of a fight can a 3 month old give you honestly. Savannah was a different story. I'm thankful we didn't buy the costume we wanted to put her in because she pitched a fit when we put her in it. It was kinda comical how much she hated this costume. In the end we let her choose between the chick costume and her fairy wings. She chose the fairy wings so in 5 minutes I threw together clothes from her closet with these wings and put some make-up on her. The make-up was her favorite part up until she started getting candy. Overall it was a very sucessful evening and Savannah had a blast, Olivia ended up
falling asleep on me while I was handing out candy. Also something funny was when the kids were going around to all the cars there was a boy in a Spider Man costume behind Savannah and Jacob. Needless to say Savannah wasn't a fan and kept trying to run away from him because she was scared. It looks like she might be a wuss like her mom, I really am trying not to make her a scardy cat like me. On Saturday night we went trick-or-treating again with all Savannah's cousins. My sister-in-law invited us to a fair at the elementary school near her house, they had all kinds of games and another trunk-or-treat. We arrived a bit late for the trunk-or-treat but Savannah got to play all the games and they gave you candy for playing so she was happy. After that the kids all went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. I didn't go out with all the kids I stayed at my sister-in-laws to hand out candy and stay home with Olivia but apparently Savannah was quite the candy horder. She'd go up to the doors and take a handful of candy from the bowl. Then when they'd tell her to just take one she wouldn't listen (big shocker there), its a good thing she's still little and so dang cute. The more I think about it its kinda these people's falut that she took more then one. I mean who lets little kids take candy right from the bowl, of course they're going to take more then one. If you want them to have one piece give them one yourself. Anyway when it was time to go home she was so hyper she kept running around the car and then the whole way home she carried on a conversation with her stuffed dog, it was pretty funny.
On Halloween I decided I'd be a little festive so I made ghost pancakes for breakfast and made a special Halloween dinner. Savannah thought it was awesome and kept saying "Look it! Look it!" like I didn't know what I had made or something. I got the recipe for dinner from this site. I wouldn't say its fantastic by any means but Jacob and Savannah both liked it and it was a fun way to celebrate Halloween. Also yes Savannah is in her pj's while eating dinner, she's obsessed lately with wearing her pajamas, its a rare thing these days to see her in real clothes.
Just for fun I thought I'd throw in a picture of Olivia. I've started putting her in the high chair when were in the kitchen. She loves being with us and its perfect for when I'm making dinner because she loves being higher up and being able to see what I'm doing. She's such a sweet heart and I love that she's smiling more now its the best.

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing all about your weekend! The boys trunk or treat got cancelled. :( I totally agree about not letting kids pick candy out of a bowl if you don't want them taking more than one! We had way too much candy since or trunk or treat got cancelled so the lucky kids that came to our door got LOTS of candy. :) Our boys were Warrior King (Gavyn) and firefighter (Jarom) and I totally forgot pictures. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apples were fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete