Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Brussels Sprouts

So a little while back my cousin's wife introduced me to Bountiful Baskets. Now I had heard of it before in other areas but I didn't realize that we had one here. So when Cheryl asked me if I wanted to share a basket with her I was totally on board. About every two weeks we end up getting a basket with all kinds of different local fruits and veggies. This past week there was something in the basket I've never had before...brussels sprouts. I was a bit hesitant about them because since I've never eaten them I had no idea how to even prepare them.
I found a fantastic recipe online and I have to say I'm totally a fan! I'm for sure going to be making this again and Jacob even took seconds which is saying something.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I've been trying to figure out what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty funny that you have never had them before--they are also really good in a veggie baked mix with parsnips, carrots, and sweet potatoes.......oh and lots of butter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love brussel sprouts steamed with just a hint of butter or olive oil and some Parmesan cheese! So good! But then I eat cooked cabbage with nothing on it so...I am kinda a weirdo when it comes to veggies! I love em!

    ReplyDelete