Saturday, July 24, 2010

Black Canyon

So my nephew Tyler just turned 13 so for his birthday he decided he wanted to go boating up at Black Canyon. I love that his birthday is in July because this is typically what we always do for his birthday and I love it. Now I don't actually do anything when I go boating but I still love it. This trip was also super fun because it was the first time Savannah has ever been on a boat. She also went tubing with Jacob which turned out to be a fun experience for her.
Here we are at the dock, Savannah was a bit hesitant about putting on the life jacket at first.
Here she is with Jacob when she first got in the tube and we were pulling away, this is right about where she started crying.
Here she is happier once she realized what she was going to get to do. Jacob said when they first started she kept calling for me. The ironic part is that if I had gone with her she would have been asking for Jacob. My brother in law Jason took it nice and slow for Savannah's first tubing trip and she really did end up enjoying it.

After our outing on the boat the next group got on (there were like 17 of us all together) and Sandi, Jared, and I took 2 of our nieces and Savannah down to the little beach they have. At first Savannah wanted nothing to do with it. She's become quite timid which I like but yet I've been so used to her outgoing personality that it kinda takes me by surprise when something freaks her out. After a bit she got used to the waves at the start of the beach and once we actually got in the water she couldn't wait to let go of my hand and walk around on her own.
I'm trying to get her to actually get in the water, you wouldn't think this would be so hard because she LOVES water. We really need to live closer to a real beach.
She loved walking around and waiting for her cousin Becca to swim up to us, she though this was the funnest game.
I also decided to throw in a picture of just me showing off my big belly, I'm 2 weeks from my due date and right now I'm measuring about a week ahead of where I'm at. Even though I've gained 15 less pounds then when I was pregnant with Savannah my stomach is so much bigger this time.

Overall it was a super fun day of eating yummy food, having fun on the boat, and wearing Savannah out. It was fun to experience a first with her and to have Jacob there for it as well. I hope Tyler just always decides to go boating for his birthday, I'm quite glad to accommodate.

1 comment:

  1. You are oh so cute in your coverup!!! Love the pictures. You need to text me, call me, email me, blog me, etc when Olivia gets here!!!

    ReplyDelete