Thursday, April 16, 2009

So tender

I just wanted to post a quick note because the sweetest thing happened yesterday. First I must start with a big thank you to my wonderful family who have been watching Savannah for me the days I have to work. It is such a blessing to have Savannah watched by loving family members then to take her somewhere else. It is such a comfort to know she is being watched by people who love and adore her. Now to what happened, I was dropping Savannah off at Jeni's yesterday morning and Savannah was so excited when we got there. She was smiling and giggling and just as happy as could be. So after I tell Jeni the routine I give one last hug and hand Savannah over. As I'm walking away I wave goodbye and Savannah waves back at me! She has only done this once before, and not to me. My heart almost melted and this small act of Savannah waving goodbye totally made my whole day. I know I've told people before that it really doesn't take much to make me happy and its true, because this small gesture meant the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment