Monday, June 27, 2011

Newest Happenings

Well I think I'm finally getting back into our normal routine...maybe. I plan on changing some things up around here because with the move and getting settled we fell back into lazy stay at home all the time and watch movie people. I hate that. I mean don't get me wrong I love those kinds of days just not when there every day. Plus I know my kids don't like it either. I've been inspired by a friend of mine to become more active and to make a summer schedule of sorts. I think what I've decided will work best for our family is to have themed days. Savannah does really well with having structure so I'm planning on having a specific activity we do each week on a specific day. I need to get my plan done like tonight so we can actually start but today we went to the park and had a picnic.

I was really impressed that Savannah actually went down this slide, its really high. For a reference point you can see like 3/4ths of the slide behind Olivia in her picture (as a side note she's gnawing on a carrot). It was a fun outing, Olivia had a blast on the swings. She seriously started going with her belly laugh as soon as I put her in the thing and didn't stop till I took her out. Savannah made a friend and just followed her around and tried to do everything she was. The girl didn't seem to be annoyed by her and was actually excited to see if Savannah could do the things she was able to.
I've also done a few projects, first we made paper chains again because two of our most favorite people are coming to visit in July.
Yup, my mom is coming for Olivia's first birthday at the end of July and my youngest brother Mark is coming on the 4th of July for a week. Savannah LOVES paper chains so it was kind of an easy project to decide to make to get ready for these visits. I got the idea though to put pictures of my mom and brother at the end of their chains so Savannah could understand a bit more why we have them. Our new favorite morning activity is taking a chain off, I have to admit too I like having the visual reminder of how many more days I have to wait till they get here too. For this next project I copied a friend.
These are prayer sticks. I think my friends turned out so much cuter so I might redo mine but I am in love with the idea. I made a stick with each persons name on it so now we just pull out a stick when we need to say a prayer. The person's name that is pulled says it, you also keep the named pulled till each person has had a turn and then you put them all back in again. I love this idea. Have I already said that? Savannah goes through phases where she loves to pray and then refuses to pray. I think and hope that this will make it fun for her and will just be a fun thing to add to our routine. My last project I made was a new shirt for Savannah.

So I know its a tie shirt and girls don't wear ties but I think they're so stinkin cute and she's my kid so I'll put her in whatever I darn well please. I love it. I included the 4 steps it took for me to make the shirt. I'll be honest and say that Savannah's only worn the shirt once, in the summer it is almost impossible to get her to wear anything besides a dress. This girl is infatuated with dresses and she pouts if you try to put her in anything else.
Well there you have it, we're going on outings, making projects, and getting ready for two visitors. My life is crazy sometimes but I usually do it to myself and I really wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment