Friday, July 13, 2012

My Life Right Now

This is my life right now. We're moving again, in 3 weeks actually and this is our biggest move yet. My in-laws are coming home from their 18 month mission to Zimbabwe, Africa on the 8th of August. By that day my little family and I will be in our new home in Arizona. You read right, Arizona. Right now my days are filled with going threw old boxes to see if after 14 months of living without these things if I really still need them. Some things I do but about half of it will not be making the trip with us. Then I have to get started packing everything else. Jacob's last day of work is August 3rd and we're packing our moving truck the 4th. Now why Arizona some may be asking? Well that just adds to our adventure. Jacob has worked for the past 7/8 years for a company that promised  a future but we came to realize it would never come to pass. His job couldn't give us what we wanted and needed and Jacob became more and more unhappy where he was at. He went from loving getting up and going to work to absolutely HATING it. I love how for the past year and a half or more he's continued to put everything he has into his job while feeling that he is unappreciated and undervalued so that he can continue to support us. About the time we moved into my in-laws Jacob started considering going to school. We both felt like this was a really good idea and Jacob took off with it, this act alone showed me how serious he was. If you know Jacob at all he always spouts off ideas of things he can do but that's all he does. With school it was different. He researched it, applied, found out all he needed to do to be prepared, and has just taken the lead which is usually what I do. Jacob decided he wanted to go to school to become a Gunsmith. When I tell people that I usually get a look that says oh really? Then I'm asked, "So what do you think about that?" I could actually care less what Jacob does for a living as long as it supports our family and allows me to be home with our children and depending on what career path he chooses in that field after he graduates he'll be more then capable of doing that. I don't have a sense of absolute dread or fear, I actually feel excited and at peace. So unless everything goes completely wrong in the next 3 weeks it looks like we'll soon become residents of the great state of Arizona for the foreseeable future. Most likely for the next 4 years while Jacob gets his Gunsmithing degree along with is Associates and after that who knows. Like I said its an adventure and as of now I have no idea where it will take us or how it will end.

8 comments:

  1. No! I think I'm already crying! You can't leave me. . . I'll take anything your getting rid of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynsie you should come over to the house I have piles. I don't know if you'd want anything but you can always come look.

      Delete
  2. We so need to get together before you leave! But I am super excited for your new adventure...enjoy the process :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really do Cynthia! I've been trying to get with you since you had your baby and I've been very unsuccessful! Before soon the gift I got you won't even work!

      Delete
  3. Serious!?! What part of Arizona? Hope all goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course you're going to arizona! when i'm freaking on the other side of the united states! it's already funny that you're in idaho. i mean, i know i haven't lived there since i was little, but my grandma and brother live there (and some cousins, aunts/uncles, etc).
    where are you gonna be? tempe? tucson? flagstaff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'm sad that you're leaving, I'm super excited for you guys! Jacob is going to do great and I'm sure you'll have fun getting to know your new home. I'd love to get together before you leave.

    ReplyDelete