Friday, July 27, 2012

Life

Life around here is busy. Busy is actually an understatement but it'll do. We are constantly doing something and amid all the packing and rearranging I have to do we've also had something every day this week. Olivia started Occupational and Speech Therapy last week and we're so excited she finally got in. We were on a  wait list for 6 months for occupational therapy. She's doing so well already and we have some good plans in place to help her progress even more. One of those plans is to go to occupational therapy twice a week and so far Olivia loves going but she's only been 3 times. Another exciting thing is Olivia will be 2 on Saturday!!! I don't know where the time went but I can't believe my baby will be 2. I'll post more about her on her birthday but all I can say is that these past two years with Olivia in our family have been wonderful and she is the sweetest thing in the whole world.
I've also been thinking about life. About where it takes us, the decisions we make, and the talents/personality traits we have. Life has most definitely thrown our little family some curve balls the last few weeks. These curve balls have made me happy to have certain talents/personality traits. When I think of talents I usually think of physical talents like singing, dancing, being athletic, you know things like that. Mine aren't like that and that's fine because I've learned that you can be talented in other things. Right now I'm thankful for my optimism. If you didn't know that about me I'm pretty optimistic. I really like that about myself. This optimism has really come in handy because our plans to move have been tweaked a bit and it totally sucks! Things didn't go as planned, decisions had to be made, and the outcome is not ideal. Jacob is still going to school but he'll be going to Arizona by himself at first. Once he's found a job and a place for us to live the girls and I will follow. It sucks right? We're hoping to follow Jacob in September but it could be as long as January. The thought of that almost brings me to tears and on occasion has. I know everything will work out, I know things happen for a reason, and I know I can't always see the good that will come from the path that I'm on. There are good and bad things to this decision, obviously being without Jacob is less then ideal or desired but Olivia can now continue with therapy a bit longer and get the help she's been needing. It will be nice to have Jacob in Arizona while looking for a place for us to live, it was very challenging to find a place while not living there. It will be an adjustment living with my in-laws, they come home on the 8th and the girls and I will continue to live in their home once they return. I also think this will be an oppertunity for Jacob and I as parents to learn and grow for the better. To learn to appreciate each other, our roles as parents, and our  little family even more.
So there you have it, that's my life right now. Our plans can change in a moment but we just need to adapt and make the best out of what's thrown at us. My days are still filled with packing but now I'm setting up a room for myself and rearranging our furniture to make room for my in-laws and the girls and I. My life is full of surprises and keeps me on my toes but its also a good life that I would never change.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agreed about the optimism. I was actually thinking the other day that you are one of the most optimistic friends I have. Stinks about Jacob having to move to Arizona alone, but I know if anyone can see the bright side and get through this it's you. Awesome about Olivia getting speech therapy too. Sounds like life is exciting if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott you totally put a smile on my face and I needed one today.

      Delete