Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss Olivia

 Two years ago today Olivia Anne joined our family. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by and how complete Olivia has made our family. Olivia has always been so sweet and loving and I'm glad this hasn't changed. Its been interesting to see how different the girls are and how I interact with each differently. I have a hard time viewing Olivia as a toddler, in my eyes she's still my baby. I've enjoyed so much these past few weeks with her because she's really become more of a toddler. She amazes me with how smart she is! She is always finding a way to make something work for her. During speech therapy she was playing with some balls, she couldn't make them fit threw the holes of the toy she had and she grabbed a spoon and tried to use that to push them threw or help her get them out. Olivia is also a girly-girl. She loves to play dress-up and she LOVES wearing hats and necklaces around the house. She is all about the accessories. Olivia is still very obedient, she of course has her moments but she is very willing to listen the majority of the time which is very nice. She loves to be outside and she loves to dig in the dirt. She wants to do everything her big sister does which is sweet but can cause problems at times if the girls don't see eye to eye. Olivia loves reading books and watching movies. Her appetite has started to diminish just like Savannah's did around this age. Olivia still looks a lot like Jacob and she still has the blondest hair. She has the funniest laugh, it comes from deep in her and sounds so throaty and deep. Its just hilarious! She loves to sing and dance around the house, if she hears music she'll stop whatever she's doing and bust a move. She's started to try being a helper and wants to do things with me. She still loves to snuggle with her mommy and she will usually end up sitting with me while watching a show. She still likes me to carry her every once in awhile and she hates to sit in the shopping cart at stores. I am also happy to report that Olivia still has the bluest eyes I've ever seen, sometimes they're almost violet depending on what she's wearing. Like I mentioned earlier Olivia is in speech therapy and she also started occupational therapy and after 2 weeks we're already seeing such improvement and are excited to see how far she comes. She also loves going and will run to her therapist, she is typically very willing to do whatever they ask of her and she just gets the biggest smile on her face when we walk in the door. Olivia is a constant joy, I can count the number of times I've gotten mad at her on one hand. She always makes me smile and I love every minute I get to spend with her. She is always impressing me with new skills she learns and words she'll say. Olivia is also obsessed with animals! Dogs and cats are her favorite but any animal will do and she will start to yell out a constant high-pitched squeals to show her excitement and delight. Olivia is very content and almost always happy, she's mellow and loving. She's just plan old perfect and we love her more then words can describe. Happy Birthday my sweet Olivia, I couldn't imagine our lives without you.



No comments:

Post a Comment