Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Savannah the 4 Year Old


I don't know where the time went buy somehow this energetic and lively girl turned 4! In comparison to other birthday's this one was very low key due to the fact we had just moved 2 weeks before but it was still a great day. Savannah told me repeatedly that she LOVED her birthday which brought a smile to my face. In an attempt to make the day special for her I decorated the house the night before so Savannah woke up to a fun surprise of balloons and streamers all over the living room. When she walked out in the morning she just gasped and was so excited!!! We had pancakes and bacon for breakfast, her favorite and then I let her open one of her presents. She had seen the big bottle of bubbles I got for her so that's what she got in the morning and we had a fun time playing with them, bubbles are a favorite for both the girls. Savannah picked out her outift for the day which totally cracked me up because it didn't match at all but she had a smile on her face the whole day so I didn't care. She choose to wear her white and pink striped shirt with her purple birthday hat and her skirt her grandma Jefferies gave her from Africa. Her skirt is dark green with black and tan swirls on it. She looked pretty funny but everyone who saw her that day soon had a smile on their faces. We went to the library one of Savannah's favorite places and made cupcakes. That night we went to Jacob's school to have her party in the car. Since Jacob has class from 2-9 every night its our new thing to take dinner to Jacob every night so he can see the girls at least once a day. We got pizza for the occasion and then had our lemon cupcakes that Savannah had picked out and of course they had pink frosting. She also got to open her other two presents, a princess flashlight and a pack of gum. The things she asked for this year really cracked me up, I think she finished her gum in 2 days and I had to hide it from her so she didn't put it all in her mouth in one sitting. That night when Savannah went to bed she told me how much she loved her birthday and how happy she was. That's something I really love about Savannah, I know she would have loved a big huge party but she is able to find joy in the little things and knew what a great day she had had.
Just to add a few things about Savannah now that she's 4...She still has a very head strong personality, she knows what she wants and she usually wants it now. Patience is still not her strong suite but she is getting better. Savannah loves to color and draw and she's getting so much better at staying in the lines and her pictures actually resemble what's she's trying to draw. Savannah includes Olivia in her games more often and tries to be more patient with her little sister. Savannah still LOVES to wear skirts all the time and she is now wanting long skirts to make her look more like a princess, cause you know you can't see many princesses feet so we shouldn't be able to see hers either. Savannah loves playing dress-up and playing make believe, its so fun to see what games she thinks up she really does have quite the imagination. Savannah is also very interested in school and she can't wait to start preschool (we have her on a wait list right now) and she is always asking me "why" and she will not stop until I have satisfied her question. Savannah loves animals but only from a distance, she is constantly asking me to take her to the zoo. Savannah is just a joy, I wouldn't trade her for anything and I can't imagine my life without her.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys moved here! And I'm happy for you that you got the internet :) Let's play again soon!

    ReplyDelete