Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Call Us the Busybodies

Oh my good gracious it feel like forever since I've written on our blog and we've been so busy I'm going to have to write a couple of posts because I have way too many pictures to post. Life has been good and we have been busy to say the least. I really do love it, it makes the time go faster and I'm happy with what we've been occupying out time with. To get back into blogging I'll start where we left off, the girls and I went to Maryland for 2 weeks the end of April thru the beginning of May. It was glorious and wonderful just like it always is.The girls were just as excited as they always get when they hear we're getting ready to go on an airplane and Olivia had quite the fun time trying to help me pack.
 I was pretty proud of myself for packing so lite for this trip because I am known to over pack.
 We had some beautiful days and some not so nice weather days so when it was nice outside we took full advantage of it. The girls love playing outside in my parents yard, Savannah and Olivia loved picking all the dandelions for my dad.

 Sidewalk chalk was another must do activity and the girls loved drawing pictures for my dad and brothers to see when they would come home.
 Also what trip would be complete if we didn't go to the park, we go to the same one every visit since its right down the street from my parents house. The girls always have so much fun, on this particular visit Olivia pretty much wanted to stay in the swings the entire time we were there, silly kid.
 One of Savannah's favorite things to do when we go to the park is walking along the wall surrounding the playground, she pretends she's on the balance beam.
 Something new we tried this trip was paining pottery with the girls. They loved it! Its just one of those local places where you can pick out the piece of pottery you'd like to paint and the colors you want to use and then you get to work. I helped Savannah while my mom helped Olivia, my mom had to use much more patience then I did. Savannah did so good at not mixing colors and making a design while Olivia was very abstract with her paining.
One the not so nice weather days we had fun hanging out at the house watching shows and playing with toys. The girls had fun playing with my brothers and dad when they were home and would always get so excited to see them after they'd been gone.
 
Having fun lying on Mark.
Having a yummy lunch after so much fun playing.

Something I always miss is seeing all the green, while we were there everything started blooming and it just got greener every day we were there.
While we were visiting I hit the 25 week mark, its crazy to see how fast time is flying by.

The morning we left my mom had minor knee surgery so while she and my dad were gone we made her a get well soon sign and the girls made her some pictures. They were able to make it back before we had to leave for the airport so we could say goodbye one last time.
We always have such a great time when we visit my family and I love that the girls are able to make so many fun memories each time we go back. Its always bitter-sweet going home for a visit because I love my time there but I'm always ready to come back to my own home. Maryland will always hold a special place in my heart and I hope it always will for my little family too.

No comments:

Post a Comment