Sunday, January 3, 2010

Too Good To Wait

So I have tons to write about but its all going to have to wait. I just wanted to make a quick post to tell you of the sweetest thing Savannah did last night that brought tears to my eyes. So we are enjoying a wonderful family vacation in Maryland right now and my family has been sweet to participate in our bedtime rituals with Savannah. Every night she takes a bath and then we say family prayer before story time. Now we have family prayer first because we sing the family prayer song which involves swinging our arms and this is just not conducive to going to bed so we calm down with stories. Now, Savannah is very good about folding her arms and bowing her head but last night there was an added first...she knelt down all by herself like the rest of us. I had tears in my eyes during the whole prayer and was just so proud of my little girl for being on her knees to say a prayer and to be quite during it. It amazes me how much children can learn and what they are capable of. I am so grateful for Savannah and all that she teaches me, it is such a blessing to be her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment