Friday, March 18, 2011

Pi(e) Day

So I always get upset with myself when I see people blog about how they celebrated Pi(e) Day cause I ALWAYS forget, but not this year! Luckily I happened across someones facebook status and I was reminded that 3/14 was pi(e) day so I quickly made a pie. Now I love making desserts but pies intimidate me because I'm never good at making pie crust, usually I buy one to be totally honest. Since we only have 1 car buying one was out of the question so I had to make a crust from scratch. We were also invited to my sister-in-laws for dinner and she is a pie crust goddess, I mean they really are that good so I was a bit intimidated when I called her and told her I was making a pie for dessert. Plus my other sister-in-law was going to be there with her family, needless to say I was glad we left before we had dessert so I couldn't see there reactions to my pie. I did get feedback though that my pie was fantastic and that the crust was there favorite part *envision me with a huge smile on my face. The pie crust was from my favorite cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks and here is a link to the recipe if you want it. The crust really is that good and if I can make it they you can make it too, it also wasn't a one time fluke cause like I said I've now made two. I hope you all had a fun Pi(e) Day and if you forgot put it on your calender now so you'll remember for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment