Friday, March 18, 2011

Its time for...


So I'm a pretty organized person, I have quite a bit to do actually with getting things done around the house, interacting with the girls, things for my church calling, and just making me time. I've noticed also that Savannah is a bit like me where she does better if things are structured. Before Miss Olivia arrived I had a schedule that Savannah and I would follow but as my pregnancy continued and I got bigger and bigger I let the schedule slide because basically I was too tired to follow it. Now that things have been settled for awhile I thought it was about time to get our schedule back up. This time though I though I'd make one that Savannah could help with and that was easy access for her so she could see it. I wrote down our schedule on the computer and used different fonts for each thing we had planned. I printed it out and taped it to another scrap book paper. That way I could easily remove an item as our lives changed and new things came up or needed to be taken off. I then put it into 2 page protectors and sewed them together. Then along the outside edges to hid the three ring holes I sewed on some fabric. Some things on our schedule are always at the same time like naps for Olivia and lunch but depending on when we wake up breakfast changes times along with when free play is and when we pick items out of our activity jar. Also dinner changes a bit depending on what time Jacob will be home. The nice thing about having our schedule in the page protectors is that we can use a dry erase marker and write down the times of our activities and then easily wipe them off for the next day. Overall it was an easy project and we all love having it.

No comments:

Post a Comment