Friday, March 18, 2011

St Patick's Day

So I've never really gotten into St Patrick's Day before, I of course wore green to make sure I never got pinched at school but that was about it. I have no recollection of my mom doing anything special for the day and really why would she? Now that Savannah is older I've really been wanting to make more family traditions that Jacob and I can do with the girls, you know since Savannah will actually have some idea of what's going on. So this year I of course made sure we were all wearing green but I also decided to make green food. I know its kinda gross and my green food coloring was neon green so most of our green food was more yellow green then actually green. Over all it was so fun though and Savannah thought it was so cool that our food was "geeeeen" we're still working on our pronunciation. For dinner we had green four leaf clover rolls, green quinoa, and fantastic turkey chili! The ones in green have a link to the recipe as a side note. The rolls were by far my favorite and they were pretty easy. Oh and I also made a green cake cause hello you have to have dessert and of course a green one.


Jacob got home a bit later then usual because he had to work late and he really wanted to watch Darby O'Gill and the Little People (its an old Disney movie from 1959.) Since it was getting close to bedtime we decided to have our own little drive in and put a blanket down in the living room and ate on that while we watched the movie. Savannah really like it which kind of surprised me because non-cartoon movies don't always keep her attention. It was a great St Patrick's Day overall and I hope you all had a fun one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment