Friday, April 29, 2011

And so it begins...

In 4 1/2 weeks we're moving! Its crazy and I know the weeks are going to fly by. I had grand plans of being so prepared and in my head I already visualized a good portion of our stuff out of our house and moved into our new house. I know I still have time to be quite organized with this move and that I will have quite a bit moved over to our new place before June 1st. That's our goal, we will have everything out of our old house and into the new by June 1st. I think one of the reason's I'm having a hard time getting motivated to start packing is that I have such bitter sweet feelings about us moving. I know this is a wonderful opportunity for our family. I'm really excited to move too, I'm one of those people who actually like moving because I love decorating a new space. I also really like packing when I can take my time because I like going threw our things and deciding if we really need some of the things we have. What am I sad about? I'm going to miss being in our first house. I'm going to miss all the friends I've made here. I know I won't lose them as friends but I'm also realistic and I know it won't be quite the same. We all lead busy lives and have different things going on. I won't be able to just run a few houses over and play a game or watch a movie. We won't be that far away but now getting together will have to take a bit more planning. I'm also comfortable here. I actually really like change, when I know its coming that is. I almost crave it like I'm sure most of us do. I usually end up feeling like my life has become stationary, like I'm not moving along my path and am stuck where I'm at. Like I've done everything I can where I've been. That's how I've felt lately, like I've grown as much as I'll be able to here and now I need to move on to the next place to grow a little more. So now to the title of the post, and so it begins...Today I start packing. My eyes fill up with tears just typing the sentence and letting the words sink in because it makes it even more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment