Friday, August 12, 2011

Fire Station Fun

So as most of you know we recently moved to a new town, for the most part I LOVE it but I have been irked by a few things and its kind of turned me off. Last night though they totally redeemed themselves. They held there annual Fire Station Open House where they also gave us free hot dog, chip, drinks, and ice cream. I loved it because for one I didn't have to make dinner, two it was a free activity, and three they had kid friendly activities too so Savannah and Olivia had a blast!
Here is Jacob with the kids all enjoying their free ice cream, Olivia took mine and once she had it in her hot little hands there was no way I was getting it back from her.
Savannah somehow ended up with ice cream everywhere! I'm talking about her mouth, forehead, arms, and all down her dress.
Here is Miss Olivia enjoying her strawberry ice cream.

Savannah was SO excited that she could actually get inside the firetrucks. She wanted to see everything that was in them and just loved every minute.
So the reason I love this picture so much is because of Savannah's expression and pose. It totally reminds me of something I would have done at her age and probably did do.

Here is Savannah in one of the bouncy houses they had at the Fire Station. I seriously didn't know how we'd get her out. She had so much fun playing and she did so well too. They had another bounce house that was an obstacle course and climbing wall that lead to a big slide and she rocked it!

I'm so glad that I happened to drive through downtown the other day to see the sign in front of the firehouse promoting this activity, it was fantastic and so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment