Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Your children want YOU!

I read this blog post today and loved the reminder that our children want us, thanks Stephanie for posting it. I feel like I do good job not overwhelming myself and doing what makes me happy and what I feel is best for my family. I think is natural though to have those moments when we feel like we just don't measure up to other women. I think that's why I enjoyed this post so much it not only reminded me that what really matters to our kids is just having time with us and not all the extra things we can do, but that other women feel the same way I do sometimes! I also think its a good reminder for all women if you have kids or not because I think many women compare themselves to one another no matter what sage of life we're in. We need to learn to be comfortable in our own skin and to find joy in who we are and our own accomplishments. Our talents are different from others just as theirs are from us and that's okay, that's how it should be. In the context of this blog post on being a mother I know that I only have fond memories of my own mother. I don't always remember what we did together but I know I was and am loved by her, I know that I am important to her. That's what I hope my children know, that they were and are loved, that they are the center of my universe, and that I would do anything for them. That to me there is not child cuter then them and that they have their faults but really to me they are perfect and I wouldn't change a thing about them.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I think it's a great reminder that I need right now too. :) P.S. I think you are great!!

    ReplyDelete