Sunday, July 10, 2011

Best Week Ever!

This past week has been fantastic! My youngest brother Mark came out for a visit, his first time back to Idaho in 4 years. We were so excited that he got to come especially Savannah! When we went to pick Mark up at the airport last Monday Savannah just ran to him and wouldn't let go until she had to get in the car. That is something she's only done with Jacob so Mark felt pretty special. We did a few fun things but most of the trip was spent running errands and going out to lunch. It was just fun to have him around, to see how our family is and for him to spend time with the girls. Saturday was our big day of fun, we started out the day going to Black Canyon for some more swimming and playing in the sand. The water was warmer then it was last week but it was still pretty cold. We went earlier in the day too so there weren't as many people there and it was just way fun. We all took turns going in the water with Savannah, her phrase of the day was, "you want to go swimming me?" If she was walking towards you, you could bet that's what she was going to say. Olivia once again hated the water with a capital H, I really think that's funny to because Olivia loves taking a bath. As soon as I started walking towards the water with her I could tell she was getting nervous and sure enough when I put her feet in the water she started screaming! She did have fun playing with the sand and kept trying to eat it. Overall it was a really fun morning.

In the afternoon the boys went shooting, Jacob was so excited to take Mark he had been talking about it since I told him Mark was coming. Two of my brother in laws went too and they all had a good time. Mark even shot a few things, Jacob was proud of him and Mark said he had a lot of fun. When they got home we had dinner and then headed down to play some mini-golf and to let the boys drive go carts. This was also Savannah's fist time playing mini-golf. We'd help her hit the ball and then once she was near the hole she'd pick up her ball, put it right on the edge of the hole and then hit it in. It was pretty funny, her favorite part was actually looking at the water. She's also really been into her butterfly/fairy wings so she had to wear them while we were there too. About halfway through golfing she decided she didn't want to wear them anymore but I didn't feel like carrying them so we put them on Olivia. When we took them off to get her in the car at the end of the night she kept trying to find them and was pretty sad we took them off her. After golfing the boys rode go-carts while the girls and I cheered them on. Savannah was spitting out a constant stream of, "woo-hoo's, "that's my dad!", "its Mark", and "yeah!" the whole race. Even though she didn't get to ride she still had a blast.

Tomorrow we take Mark to the airport and I'm not looking forward to it. Whenever I have family visit its so bitter sweet. I love seeing them but the time always goes by so fast and then they have to leave. I won't have time to be sad though cause Tuesday night I have 3 of my nieces and their dog coming to stay with me for 4 days. This will be an adventure not because of my nieces (they're fantasticly wonderful!) its the dog...Olivia is terrified of dogs so this will be her time to get over her fear. Plus its a little wiener dog, how can you be scared of that? It is probably the same size as her though, she's pretty little. Then after the girls leave I have my mom coming the next week for Olivia's first birthday. Like I mentioned before July is the best month ever! Stay tuned for all our adventures this month cause we're going to have lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment