Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy Days

My days are always happy when I'm in Maryland, I love being here. I love that I grew up here and I miss it when I leave. Its not just my family that I miss its the actual state. I miss all the green, I really miss the beach, I miss going to museums, I miss all the people, I just miss it. I love coming back to visit and we always have so much fun. This trip is no different, the last 4 days have been filled with playing, outings, reading books, coloring, decorating the Christmas tree, and seeing Santa again. Our flights out were so much better then I anticipated. I once again flew out with both girls by myself since Jacob couldn't come out as early as we were. I beyond love flying with Savannah. She is the most amazing flyer hands down. She doesn't throw a fit, she stays with me, listens, and is so excited the whole time. She is just a joy to travel on a plane with. Olivia had me a bit more nervous because she is in the stage of life where she hates to sit still. The night before our flight I kept telling Jacob I was so nervous I thought I might throw up. Oh and as a side note the night before our flight Savannah threw up chocolate all over my mother in laws white carpet, our furnace blew up literally, and the girls both woke up repeatedly. Anyway back to our flight, Olivia exceeded my expectations greatly and only threw a fit during out layover in Salt Lake because she wanted to get into things she couldn't while walking around and the last hour of our flight into Baltimore. She basically just screamed because she hadn't slept all day and was done traveling and was just beyond tired. She fell asleep on the way to my parents and was so passed out she didn't wake up while being taken out of the car seat or while having her shoes or coat taken off. She slept all night in her pack-n-play which was another worry of mine because Olivia is very particular about where she sleeps. She only likes to sleep in her bed which is very annoying to be honest. She only threw a fit twice the next day about having to sleep in the pack-n-play and now she goes down just the same as if she's in her own bed. Its a huge relief and just plain fantastic. Savannah has become quite smitten with my dad and whenever he's home you can typically find them doing something together. They watch movies, play air hockey, read books, and when we go out to eat Savannah asks to sit next to poppa. Its very sweet to watch. Olivia really only wants me all the time which is a bit tiring and it makes me very excited for Jacob to join us. I can't believe how fast our trip is already going and soon enough it will all be over but I'm trying to enjoy these happy days in Maryland as much as I can and we'll see how much we can squeeze into our stay.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your having a BLAST! Glad your having fun! I am so jealous that your back there. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete