Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had such a great Christmas!The girls and I got to spend 3 whole weeks with my family in Maryland and Jacob joined us for the last week and a half,  it was just so fun to be with my family. Our days were filled with fun activities and just hanging out and it went by all too quick if you can believe it. It had been a year since the girls and I had been out for a visit and 2 years since Jacob had been so we were all due for some time back east. While we waited for Santa to bring Jacob the girls and I had fun hanging out with my mom during the day, we took the girls to the mall and let them ride the merry-go-round and Savannah got to talk with Santa again.


Another day we took the girls to lunch at McDonald's and and let Savannah run all around the play area.

Savannah LOVED going to the grocery store because they had little mini carts that she could push around and put some of the groceries in. She really was in heaven and asked to when we were going shopping again.
Olivia got worn out and even fell asleep in the car which is VERY rare for her, she has to be beyond exhausted to even consider falling asleep anywhere besides her bed.
On Christmas Eve we made sugar cookies for Santa and Savannah had so much fun cutting out different shapes. When we put the cookies out I thought she would burst because she was so excited.
Both the girls were very excited to find their first present that Santa had brought for them, their dad. Here are Jacob and Savannah after opening presents. Grandma and Grandpa helped Santa pick out a V-Tech computer for Savannah.
Olivia was quite smitten with Mark just like Savannah is. She'd crawl all over him and run to him when he'd come home from school or where ever he'd been.
The Thursday after Jacob got there he and Mark got to go on a tour of the Secret Service Training Facility which they both loved and had so much fun doing.
Also while we were there we celebrated mine and my dad's birthday's, I always love being home for my birthday. We got to eat at the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite) and my brothers, Jacob, and I got to go to the movies.
After Christmas we took the girls to the DC Temple to see the lights and the Christmas Tree's in the Visitor's Center. Savannah has a very deep love already for the Savior and was very excited to see the large statue of Christ in the visitor center. When we were leaving she kept asking to see Jesus again.
On New Year's Eve we all hopped on the Metro and headed to DC to visit some of the museums. Savannah thought it was the coolest thing to go on the train and she loved going to all the museums.
Olivia of course had a good time being pushed around in her stroller and she even got to see quite a bit because there is glass around most of the exhibits so she could see almost everything from the comfort of her stroller.
The weather on New Years was amazing we put jackets on the girls just in case it got too windy but it was in the high 50's.
Our first stop was the Natural History Museum and Savannah loved looking at all the fossils and animal exhibits.

We then headed over to the Air and Space Museum (Jacob's favorite) and checked out all the airplanes. They have an exhibit where you can walk through an old plane and Savannah made us take her threw twice.
We then headed over to the National Art Gallery which is my favorite, they were doing renovations on the galleries I love to walk through but it was still fun and it really is one of my most favorite places to be.
We got to visit with family and we went out to eat, we went to movies, played games, ate lots of food, and just had a wonderful time. I'm so lucky to have such a generous family and one that loves me and my little family so much. As always it was hard to leave and while being there I was reminded of all the things I miss while I'm living away. Its a good thing we can visit once an awhile.

1 comment: