Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Miss Olive



This girl never ceases to amaze me with what she can get herself into so I decided to write a post about her.

Olivia loved playing in the toilet which I think is one of the grossest things ever. She finally got over this fascination only to have it rekindled one day while watching me clean the bathroom. As soon as I was done cleaning the toilet in went my hair brush as Olivia also tried to clean like mommy. To join my brush in the trash can as Olivia's cleaning tools is one of our TV remotes and luckily it was one we no longer use. We have now purchased a lock for the toilet seat so that she will hopefully be deterred from helping me clean. Why don't I just close the door and put on a child lock you ask? Our doors have handles on them and Olivia can open all of them, note to self the rest of the places we live will all hopefully have door knobs and not handles.

Another new favorite activity of Olivia's is digging in dirt and moving it to new places. This would be awesome if she did this activity outside but she does in in the house! She gets a spoon out of the kitchen drawer and will then run over to one of the many big potted plants we have in the house. She goes to town digging the dirt out of the pot and onto the floor. Luckily this has only happened on our hard floor and not the carpet.

The way I know Olivia is hungry is she'll stand by her high chair or booster seat and hold onto it and start screaming till I ask if she's hungry. She'll then shake her head yes and produce the most adorable and beautiful smile that melts my heart and wipes away any annoyance I had at her when she was screaming.

This next one kills me! Olivia will dig threw her and Savannah's dirty clothes basket and find all of Savannah's underwear, she'll then put them on her arm like she's carrying a purse or bag and run around the house! When I try to get them away from her she'll run even faster and start screeching in delight, she thinks this is a great game. I have now moved the laundry basket into the girls bathroom inside there linen closet (that door has a knob so Olivia can't open it.)

Olivia is big into kissing right now, she'll lean her body forward and make the "mmmmmmmm" sound and stay like that until you kiss her. Its fantastic.

When Olivia wakes up in the morning or from her nap she throws everything out of her crib. When we go to get her she'll stand there with her hand stretched out and wait for you to hand her each item she threw out and she'll put it  back in its designated spot.

If your lying on the sofa or floor Olivia will randomly come up to you and start begging for you to pick her up. She'll then lay on you and snuggle for a bit before she gets back up to play.

When you hug Olivia she'll rub or pat your back. I find this to be so precious.

Olivia loves to play dress-up! She'll wear crowns on her head and have some item of clothing thrown on hap-haphazardly and then play tea party with Savannah, I love my girly girls.

Olivia LOVES the movie Gnomeo and Juliet, she'll sit threw the whole thing and if you even mention the name or she see's your going to put in the DVD player she'll run to the TV and sit right down so she doesn't miss any of the movie.

Olivia has started throwing temper tantrums and she'll stick her tongue out and spit at you. Both these things I find to be quite hilarious especially the spitting but I can't let her know this because I don't want her to keep doing it.

Olivia is smart like Savannah and she is very persistent. She's not quite as patient as Savannah in waiting for the most opportune moment to get what she wants but she will definitely give it the old college try. She'll keep going after what she wants till either she realizes she's never going to get it or I distract her with something else.

I love our little Olive she is a doll, I so enjoy watching her grow up and I miss the days when she was still our little baby. I hope you enjoyed reading all the random things that keep Olivia and myself busy every day, she really is such a nut and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment