Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Savannah

Where to begin with Savannah...She is I think a very typical 3 year old. She has entered a fun sassy phase that sometimes gives me a run for my money. She is so passionate and very head strong, two qualities I am grateful she has but find to be challenging as her mother. She is oh so smart and remembers everything, she is patient in waiting for what she wants and she will not forget a promise made to her. She has strong opinions and is not easily persuaded otherwise. She is spunky and creative, she has a good sense of who she is and what she wants. I adore her and she quite frequently makes me smile and melts my heart with her tenderness.


This picture was taken today after her new clothes came in the mail. I mentioned awhile back a web site called Zulily that I'm a fan of and this new shirt and pair of shorts were a recent purchase. Savannah couldn't wait to try them on and we both love her new outfit. The pearls were Savannah's own personal touch to dress up her outfit a bit.

Here are a few things Savannah has been up to now that she is well into her 3's:
She is totally and completely potty trained. Now she's been doing great during the day but I was pretty reluctant to trust her at night so she'd been wearing pull ups to bed. I mostly didn't want to deal with an accident at night so I played it safe. Every morning her pull up would be dry but I was so scared! Finally I sucked it up and left her in her underwear and so far no accidents at all, its been 3 weeks so I'm hoping I haven't just jinked myself.
Savannah is an artist! She loves to color, paint, create, she just loves anything that allows her to be artistic.
Savannah loves using big words, if she hears me use one she'll repeat it and try using it later. Her new favorite is delectable courtesy of Fancy Nancy and her delectable cupcakes. 
Savannah loves to play hid and go seek, her favorite place to hid is under a blanket and she'll usually pop out and try to scare you while your looking for her.
Savannah loves Christmas movies and will still ask to watch them. She also quotes movies in her regular conversations which Jacob and I find to be hilarious.
Savannah hums in the car, not a song but a monotone hum which is actually kind of annoying but funny all at the same time.
Savannah says, "I love you so much momma!" it melts my heart and this phrase is usually accompanied with a huge hug.
Savannah is still a yeller and has a big temper. It makes me nervous for her teenage years.
Savannah learned to fart on people thanks to her Uncle Mark, this is now a favorite activity which I am still trying to break her of. The thing is she does the most fantastic laugh afterwards but its still so gross and bad manners.

Savannah is fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing about her because I adore who she is and am excited to see who she'll one day become.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how grown up she looks...what a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete