Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Quick Move

So at the beginning of the month we moved units in our duplex. Our old unit had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and was a great fit for the 4 of us but with baby girl coming in August and our lease ending September 1st I was a bit stressed. I'm a pretty good organizer but I was kind of at a loss of how to fit a baby into our place and the thought of moving just a few short weeks after having a baby and then having the girls and Jacob in school was just too stressful. Then a beautiful thing happened. Our neighbors were moving out of the unit next door and that unit had 3 bedrooms. After talking with our landlord we agreed to just sign a new lease starting June 1st and we could move into the bigger space. They gave us the keys the end of May so we could slowly start moving stuff over and we agreed to be out of our unit by June 1st. In total I had a few days notice about the move and I moved most of the stuff over by myself during the week and then on the 1st Jacob and some guys from church moved all the big stuff that I couldn't pick up. I really didn't box anything up, I'd just fill up laundry baskets and carry them next door. I'd unpack what I took over and then do it all again. We are in love with our new unit and its amazing how much bigger it feels by just adding 1 room!
(All of the mess of "packing".)
(Our new living room.)
(Kitchen, complete with the new washer our landlord was putting in.)
(Master bedroom.)
(Savannah and Olivia's room.)
(Hall bathroom.)
(A horrible picture of the extra/baby room.)
(Master bath complete with a candid pic of me looking my best.)

If you know me then you know our house was pretty much all put together within 2 days of moving in. I took my time this time though with putting up pictures and Jacob kind of dragged his feel about hanging up the curtains for me in the living room and kitchen. Now that we're all settled I'll have to take some after shots. We still have some things that will change, like when my parents come out in August they're bringing out a set of bunk beds for the girls so their room will look different and I'm still putting together the babies room but I have gotten her some fantastic new sheets and a fun new baby bumper. All in all I'm more then ecstatic we moved when we did and got this unit especially since we like our landlord and the rent increase wasn't horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment