Friday, June 11, 2010

Quick Update

I'll start with Olivia...she should weigh in somewhere around four pounds and should be about 19 inches long. She should be getting ready to come into the world by practicing a few things she'll need to know like swallowing, breathing,kicking, and sucking. As a side note she totally has kicking down. She also has been able to suck her thumb for a while now, no idea if she actually does but we'll find out soon enough. Something else to note: As more and more fat accumulates under her skin, she's becoming less transparent and more opaque. I love the internet for giving me all this useful information, it really is nice to have some kind of idea about what's going on inside me.
Now on to Miss Savannah...she is very much a toddler coming up on her second birthday. Can you believe it she'll be 2 in September! With getting older she is acquiring some fun new habits like huge temper tantrums. I'm really not exaggerating either, now they aren't always huge I'd say like 45% of the time they are though. Now what do I mean by huge? I'm talking about throwing herself onto the floor kicking and screaming literally and banging body parts into walls or doors or whatever is closest to her. My remedy for this is ignoring her or putting her in her room. The best is when it happens in public, I though I'd be more embarrassed but really I'm not. I figure either they know what I'm going through because they have kids and if they haven't I still don't care. She hasn't thrown one with Jacob in public and I have a feeling he'll be much more embarrassed them me. Another fun new thing Savannah is trying out is no nap taking. I do not like this at all! I'm still trying to put her down everyday and its just hit or miss. Today I took her for a walk to 2 parks and let her play till she was spent, as a side note the walk total was about a mile. Needless to say she is now asleep and I'm loving it.
I think I'll give a short update about Jacob and myself too because I don't usually talk about us and I figure somebody might like to know what were up to.
Jacob has been busy with work and has been exploring options for new employment and possibly going to school. Everything is still very much up in the air hence I've never mentioned it before but there you go, one day I'll make a post about the decided decision (I gave him till Olivia's born to make a plan so time is quickly running out.) He's also playing softball with our ward and LOVING every minute of it. Savannah and I haven't been able to go see a game yet but hopefully soon. He's also going to be playing with his work on a city team so we'll have lots of games to attend soon. He's also being the best dad ever, he's been having so much fun playing with Savannah and bonding with her more as its becoming a bit harder for me to be as active with her as she'd like.
On to me...we'll I'm 32 weeks pregnant and once again I have been really blessed with a great pregnancy. I have the basic complaints of being tired, feeling huge, and all of that but that's about it. I've been trying to motivate myself into getting some house projects done before Olivia arrives but I haven't been super motivated. Most of my projects are for Savannah since we have pretty much everything ready for Olivia, we just need to set up her bassinet in our room. I'll be attempting a few different sewing projects, painting, and decorating Savannah's new room in preparation for Olivia so I really do need to get my butt in gear. Wish me luck.
Well those are the happenings with us, at least all the ones I can think of so hopefully you enjoyed catching up with our little family and I'll try to include pictures next time.

1 comment:

  1. :) Your the best! One of these days I will get to meet your little ones!

    ReplyDelete