Sunday, June 20, 2010

Festivals, Camping, and Cars Oh My!

Well this last week has been full of fun activities. Its festival time here in western Idaho so we've had fun going to Emmet and Meridian for two different festivals. On Thursday I went with my sister in law Jodi to the Emmet Cherry festival which was oh so fun. I'm sad to say I didn't eat any cherries because I could buy them at the store for cheaper but I did have funnel cake! I lOVE funnel cake and have now gotten my nieces hooked as well. Savannah thought it was a blast and even got a goldfish. They had goldfish races so she had fun helping hers along and then she desperately wanted to love on it so I had to put it out of sight. Then next day we went to the Meridian Dairy Day Parade with Jacob's sisters and their kids. Once again Savannah had a blast as well as all the other kids. I really do love this parade and think its so fun, they give all the kids milk and toss candy and everyone decorates things like cows. Also Savannah's favorite animal sound is "moooooooo".




When we got home that night we decided to camp out in the back yard to see how Savannah would do before we attempted a real camping trip. Once again she was in heaven! Oh my goodness you'd think this was the most amazing thing to ever happen to her she was so excited, which in turn made the whole experience more fun for us. I got so sleep on our sofa cushions and we pulled out Savannah's crib mattress for her, poor Jacob got the hard ground. We also had our friends Clayton and Melanie camp out with us to so it was quite the party. Savannah was so excited she didn't fall asleep till like 11:30 and oh course was still up at 7:07 so I technically got to sleep in for 7 minutes.

On Saturday I wanted to go on a family outing so I put Jacob in charge and he decided we'd go to a park near our house to walk around and play and of course see the ducks too. It was a beautiful day and Savannah just loved every minute of it. She kept trying to get away from Jacob so she could either jump in the stream or try and chase the ducks into the pond. I'm glad he had a hold of her because I was exhausted from all our other outings. Also as an added surprise there was a car show going on in one part of the park so we got to do another activity while there.




(This is Jacob's fAVORITE car!)

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the pictures! I wanted one with your belly in it. :) How cute is Savannah, and how daring that you attempted camping in your backyard. I think that would creep me out? The boys would love it. Is that a pic of your new car. jk. :)

    ReplyDelete