Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Big 30

That's right people I turned 30 on Sunday! I know are you having as hard a time as me believing this? I remember when I was young thinking how old people were once they turned 30 and now that's me. I also remember being a youth and thinking that the people at church with kids had to be so old, I was wrong. I totally don't even think I'm 30, I had to double check my math to make sure the number was correct...it was. I totally had this preception of how I would be and what I should do once I was a "grown up" and now I've come to realize that its a bunch of crap. I can be whoever I want and do whatever I want. I don't have to fit into some mold of how I think I should be just because I'm a certain age. I will say some of my tastes have turned a bit more sophisticated from my teenage days and years as a 20 year old. I now shop in the woman's section instead of the juniors department. I don't wear shinny lip gloss, I've graduated to shinny lip stick which I LOVE! I bake more complicated things for dinner or dessert (if you had my cheese cake on Sunday don't judge me, I know it tasted like total crap and I was mortified that I actually made you eat it. I've made better.) I've become more domestic, like making play-dough for Savannah, working on sewing projects, and having dinner on the table almost every night and I'm talking about more then just cereal and milk. I will say that on Sunday I thought I was losing my mind. I was so forgetful and I realized that slowly I'm going to turn into this women who can't keep things straight and forgets things all the time. I hate that but I'm seeing that there really isn't anything I can do about it and did I mention that I hate that. Overall turning 30 wasn't as traumatizing as I thought it might be, I'm not super excited about it because it means I'm getting older. Although it brings me closer to other things like my children growing up, new adventures for our family and so many other things...so turning 30 was ok because I'm still me and deep down I think I'm really only like 23 tops.

2 comments:

  1. You don't look a day over 23 :) Me on the other hand...this third pregnancy is kicking my tush and I feel all of my 32 years...Glad to hear you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! That 30-thing scares me, but as long as I know that you can handle it with grace, so can I. Love you to pieces!!!!

    ReplyDelete