Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Advent Calender

Christmas is in full swing here in our household and we're all loving it. I wanted to share another fun thing we're doing starting December 1st. I remember when I was little I'd always get an advent calender, you know the ones with a piece of chocolate in it. I loved getting this each year, I would just get more and more excited as the days went by and Christmas grew closer. Like I've mentioned before I want the girls to understand why we really celebrate Christmas so when I saw THIS idea for a scripture advent calender I knew I had to do it (when you click on the link you need to scroll down a little ways to get the full list). Originally I was just going to put in random scriptures about the Savior but this blog has the story of Christs birth from all different books from the Bible and Book of Mormon. It took me just one evening while watching How I Meet Your Mother on Netflix to put it all together. All I did was hang ribbon from our laundry room doors and clip the numbered envelopes to it. I hand wrote all the scripture verses but I'm sure you could just print out the list on this gals blog. With the addition of this to our service countdown to Christmas chain I'd say we're well on our way to better understanding the true meaning of Christmas this year.


2 comments:

  1. I saw this on Pinterest and I am in the process of making one for my family as well....I love this idea :) Hopefully it will help remind the kids of the real reason for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete