Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

So this 4th of July we did lots of fun things! This first slide show is from our Wards 4th of July breakfast. I really didn't take that many pictures, I think there are only like 4 but who cares. There was a super cute bike parade where all the kids decorated their bikes and rode around the parking lot. Also Jacob got to play a little bit of softball which he of course enjoyed even though he was only 1 of 4 adults who played with all the kids.


Then after breakfast we headed out to Oriana which is about an hour from our house to visit one of my old co-workers Lisa. I was so excited to be able to visit with her because we had become such good friends over the past 3 years of working together. She lives on a ranch and has lots of animals. Savannah got to meet all of Lisa's horses which she loved! And two of Lisa's seven dogs. She LOVED the dogs, they kept licking her and she would just go back in for more. We got to visit with Lisa and have lunch, it was just all around a great time.


Once we were done having lunch and visiting with Lisa we headed over to Silver City! It sounds exciting doesn't it? It wasn't necessarily exciting but it was fun. We were a little nervous about having enough gas to make this last part of our trip but we set out anyway and I'm glad we did. Silver City is an old mining town back in the Owyhee Mountains, the drive to the town was really pretty and the town itself was also a sight to see. My favorite part of the town was an old church that sat up on the mountain side. I just thought it was so pretty hence I put like 3 or 4 pictures of it in the slide show. My brother Jordan had fun taking some pictures with his camera and Jacob and Savannah had a good time playing in the stream.


Overall it has been a great 4th of July! We aren't going to watch fireworks but Savannah wouldn't really like them this year anyway so we'll go next year. It was just a fun day spent with family and friends seeing new places and having adventures. I really appreciate being able to live in a place where I get to do new things and see new places. I'm so greatful to live in such a beautiful country where I am free to live my life the way I see fit and I'm so greatful for the people who have made that possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment