Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Thing Week 1

Ok, if you read my earlier post I decided that I want to do 1 new thing a week. Then after reading a comment left by a friend I decided not to always limit myself to just a week to do 1 thing. Like if I want to do a bigger project I can allow myself more time. Anyway this new thing is ongoing but I started it last week and I'm really excited about it. Jacob and I decided that as a family we wanted to eat better. Now as a whole we ate pretty good but there was definitely room for improvement. We decided to eat 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 large ones and in all honestly I didn't even always have 3 meals. Also we just wanted to have more well balanced meals. So this week we had:
  1. BBQ chicken and pineapple quesadillas on multi-grain tortillas which I found on this site
  2. Taco Salads with turkey meat and the regular toppings
  3. Arbono rice with steamed carrots, broccoli, and corn, and cherry tomatoes and avocado with Broiled lemon chicken
  4. Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce
  5. Buckwheat pancakes
Its all be so delicious and freakin fantastic. Its just been nice to still eat what we like but put healthier spins on them.

1 comment: