Friday, March 16, 2012

Pi Day 2012

Did you guys have a fun Pi Day? We did, Savannah had a blast helping me make our apple pie. Her favorite part was rolling out the dough for our crust. I had a bit left over and she just played with it for about 30 minutes. There was quite a floury mess but if it keeps Savannah busy and entertained I'm willing to clean up a mess afterwards. I also have to say I think this was one of my best pies yet and when it was all done it looked beautiful, perfectly golden brown. We got a late start baking so the girls got to stay up late to enjoy their pie and Savannah just kept shouting "Happy Pi Day!" over and over, she got pretty into it. This is the second or third year we've celebrated and now 3/14 is permanently in my mind and on our calender so we'll be sure to celebrate every year. I mean really how can you not like a day where you get to eat pie?!

Also as a random side note, this is my 200th post, pretty exciting stuff I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment