Thursday, March 8, 2012

Something New

So Jacob and I have started a new routine. Its all thanks to my friend JaNeil who shared the idea with me. She found a blog that shared ideas for date nights and things you can do to strengthen your relationship with your spouse. She had decided to implement some of the ideas into her routine and I soon followed her example. This new idea we've been doing for 2 weeks and I love it! At the beginning of the month Jacob and I each write down one thing we'd like the other person to do for us each week of the month. So we each wrote 5 things because we started the last week of February and wrote stuff down to cover us all the way threw March. On Sunday we each pick a piece of paper and don't show the other what we've picked. Then we have the whole week to decided when we want to do what the person wrote down. Does that make sense? I'll give you an example. One of mine was to have Jacob buy me flowers and it made my whole week when Jacob brought them home! I asked Jacob to grab some milk on his way home from work last night and in he walks with my beautiful flowers. The things I wrote down range from flowers to a date night, letting me pick any movie I want to watch and snuggling on the sofa to doing the dishes one night. Its little things that I wouldn't mind Jacob doing for me that he doesn't do all the time. The one I picked for him this week was making him a grilled sandwich, one of his most favorite things to eat and I will be making it for him on Saturday for lunch so don't tell. So far we both really like this idea and we'll for sure keep it up for awhile. Its such a fantastic way for us to do something special for each other and to not have to think up something on our own. Life is so crazy anyway and we can't read each others minds so its nice to have a hint of what the other person is needing or wanting. Plus its fun going threw the week waiting to see what nice thing your spouse is going to do for you, its like waiting to open your presents on your birthday or Christmas. The anticipation of waiting till you can find out what your getting and then the happiness you feel once you open the present and its something you want. Thanks again JaNeil for sharing your great idea with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment