Monday, May 14, 2012

Local Fun

I love summer! After being stuck indoors for months I love when the weather finally decides to warm up so we can go outside and have some fun. We had planned a play date for Thursday because they're my favorite because the zoo is half off and my girls are still free so for $6 we get to hang out at the zoo all day. Now this was our plan last Thursday but it was of course the only day of the week that was windy and cold! We were so disappointed that morning but soon another fun idea came into my head. So what place could bring these looks to my girls faces you may ask?


Well spending time with mom and their friends at the aquarium that's where! I will say after going to the Baltimore aquarium I was a tad disappointed but it was still such a fun time! Most of the exhibits are ones the kids can play in and touch the fish. The first tank you see holds the tropical fish and we had paid extra so we could feed the fish. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I quickly discovered what a wuss I am and Savannah followed my example. You're suppose to break off pieces of seaweed and hold it underwater while the fish come up and nibble it out of your hands. Well this simple task totally freaked me out so Savannah and I ended up breaking off pieces and then just dropping them in the tank. We also got to touch sharks and sting rays! Even Olivia got into that action and I was so proud of both my girls. They also brought out an iguana and Savannah fed it some lettuce! For Savannah this is huge and I was beaming with pride.
I loved seeing the kids explore and have so much fun, Savannah kept running around looking at everything and anything she could, she wanted to show me everything! Olivia loved to stare and watch all the fish and she though playing in the water was the best thing ever. I was so proud of the girls and we had such a great time playing together and with our friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment