Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day...Where to begin? I really do love this day, I love seeing the cute things the girls make for me and I love having a day where I really think about what it means to be a mom. I feel so blessed to have the example of my own mother to look to when I question myself and have moments when I don't know how to handle a situation. My mother is amazing! I really don't have words to even describe how wonderful I think my mom is. The older I get the higher my opinion of her gets, I see tiny glimpses of things she went threw now that I'm a parent and I'm amazed with how well she handled herself. I know that my mother is by no means perfect but to me she really is and she can do no wrong. I hope that I can be like her and she is my best role model, besides Jacob she is one of my most treasured and best friends. I remember that when I was younger my friends wouldn't want to tell me their secrets because I would tell my mom everything. Now that I'm a mother I love thinking back to my memories of my mom. I know that I stumble along my path and have moments where I think can't someone just take these children away?! But as soon as they're gone I'm missing them desperately and counting down the minutes till they come back. I was driving home today after running to the store and had one of those moments where life was perfect. The windows were down, the radio was on, both girls were singing and dancing in their car seats, and I was filled with so much happiness and joy. I was filled with such gratitude that I am the mother to these two darling girls, that I get to be home with them all the time. Like many mothers I have moments where I sometimes wish my life were different but those moments seem to quickly disappear and are very soon replaced with happiness and joy. My days are filled with hugs and kisses, lively debates, snuggling, making treats, temper tantrums, reading books, working on projects, the butting of heads, patience learning, and about a hundred other things. In all honestly though I never want it to change, I love watching my children grow up, seeing their accomplishments, and being their best friends. My girls know I love them and I know they love me and really what more can a mother ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment