Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Preview

So we haven't gotten Savannah set up with preschool yet, its a bummer really because I know she'd love it. Currently she's on a wait list and I'm hoping and praying she gets in this year, if not we'll probably have to wait till next year. So I've decided we're doing preschool at our house starting Monday. I'm finishing up packets and activities that I'll keep in a designated school spot and we're going to have school every day. While at Costco today I saw these fun flash cards and at $8 I decided not to pass them up. As soon as we got home Savannah asked if we could have school so she could try them out so I of course let her dig in.
The cards cover the whole alphabet and you just match the letters to the correct picture. They're simple enough and don't take her very long to get threw but its good practice on recognizing her letters and seeing how things are spelled. Its also nice because its an activity she can really do on her own while I try to keep Olivia from pulling cards off the table and running around with them.

When she was done putting all the matches together she was so beyond thrilled and proud of herself for finishing. I also like the cards because there are so many more things we can do with them. Eventually we can use them as spelling words and I can have her fill in the blanks, they can be regular flash cards where she just has to tell me the letter, see all kinds of fun things. So far I think they were a great investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment