Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bookcase

This is my most favorite project I've ever completed I think. Once again I have now before pictures to offer because I'm horrible at remembering to do that but just think of a light wood colored cheap laminate bookcase. That's what this used to look like and now it looks FABULOUS! I once again started by priming the entire bookcase. I took off the back first because I knew I was going to add fabric to it because I was way to lazy to paint a chevron print on the back. Once the bookcase was primed I decided to spray paint the bookcase white. I was sick of painting with a brush so spray paint was a good choice for me. When I went to attach the fabric to the back of the bookcase I used spray adhesive. It worked really well and is still holding strong 2 weeks later. Then I just reassembled it and put it in its place in the kitchen and started filling up the shelves. Our kitchen isn't huge so this is a nice place to put things that we have that I think are too pretty to put in a cupboard minus the blender of course. Although its kind of cute in its own way. Also this project was pretty inexpensive, I used 2 yards of fabric which I got on sale from Hobby Lobby so I think it totaled around $9.00 give or take a little. I still had primer left over from previous projects and I always have spray paint on hand, you never know when you'll get the whim to change something up. We already had most of the things I put on the bookcase, the cake stand is new and was also purchased on sale which makes it even more perfect.



3 comments: